Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Background Info....

I've been friends with Keely for about Four years now, and although we have conflicting schedules, we still make time to see each other even if it is once in a while. We first met back in our early college years, and have continued our friendship since then. The TWO main reasons why we started this blog is because we both have a love for cooking and a love for soup. Although we live miles apart, these two things always bring us back together again. The meaning of "Two Soups Apart" is that we are two young women, living apart (miles away), using two kitchens to create 2 soups. Our goal is to create a weekly blog about a soup recipe that one of us has tried. We hope that you will enjoy this blog, try the recipes, and share the wealth!!! Having the pride of knowing that YOU created a delicious dish is not the only thing that matters, it's also the people you share your meal with. Whether it is family, friends, loved ones, or all of the above- the memories and time spent with them are among the best things in life. We hope that you can take these recipes and share them with the people that mean the most to you; also sharing it with the rest of the world so other people can create these memories too.

Another reason why I am excited about this blog is that food is something that I enjoy very much, whether it's cooking or eating, I love it regardless. One of my goals is to try and experience new soups; to expand my palate and enhance my culinary skills, as well as finding soups that are budget friendly. When I have a tight budget I want to be able to find recipes that are easy and inexpensive to make, and share this information to the rest of the world! One of the interesting things I love about soup is that it has been around for centuries and is a part of our human history! (I am a huge history buff). I find it fascinating to see that virtually every place on this planet has a soup, and I want to try them all. Not only will I be using recipes for well known soups, I will also try to find soups that have been used in the past, whether 50 years ago or centuries ago.

 If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact us. If you have a soup recipe that you would like to share with us, feel free to email us!  Join us on our journey to discovering soup! Thank you and Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment